LET'S WRITE TOGETHERYour story. My words. From book proposal to final manuscript I take on a limited number of collaborative writing projects each year.
As a former attorney, bestselling author, and professional communicator, I bring two decades of experience in storytelling, writing, and the publishing process to every project I accept.
“So proud of my friend Lisa-Jo Baker for her new book, Never Unfriended. So important and timely. I’m going to tell everyone about it!”
—Christine Caine, Founder A21 Campaign and NYT Bestselling author
“With captivating wit, hard-won wisdom, and breathtaking honesty, Lisa-Jo has written a love letter to the delicious middle.”
—Mandy Arioto, president and CEO of MOPS International and author of Have More Fun
“I want to give Lisa-Jo’s book a standing ovation.”
—Aarti Sequeira, chef and TV personality
“This woman who has lived daily real-life, everyday, Jonathan-friendship with me, for years. I’d be kinda lost without her. I’m just flat-out saying it: her book, Never Unfriended, this is The Ultimate Book on Friendship.”
—Ann Voskamp, NYT Bestselling Author
With a B.A. from Gordon College in English/PreLaw and a J.D. from the University of Notre Dame, Law School, I practiced law in the litigation department of Altheimer & Gray in Chicago before working overseas for several years as a counter human trafficking legal specialist with the International Organization for Migration (Ukraine) and a foundations, organizations and institutions grant writer for Habitat for Humanity (South Africa).
I have continued to hone my writing and advocacy experiences, teaching in the English department at Baker College of Owosso, Michigan and pursuing a writing career, publishing with three major traditional publishing houses.
- My most recent book, The Middle Matters was released in July 2019, with WaterBrook & Multnomah, an imprint of Penguin Random House.
- Before that, Never Unfriended (2017) was a Publishers Weekly and ECPA bestseller accompanied by the companion Bible Study, We Saved You a Seat (2017) and its unique version for teen girls, all published by B&H, LifeWay.
- My first book, Surprised by Motherhood, was published by Tyndale House in 2014.
- My writing has been featured on Huffington Post Parents, BlogHer, Desert News, Focus on the Family, FoxNews, Stroller Traffic, iVillage, IF Table, OH Baby!, the Power of Moms, and Christianity.com.
- I have had a blast sharing my books on national TV appearances on the Hallmark Home & Family Show, the Baltimore BMore LifeStyle Morning show and a two-day radio broadcast celebrating Mother’s Day by Focus on the Family.
- I have also made several guest appearances on the nationally syndicated Jennifer Fulwiler Show on Sirius XM and appeared on radio stations and top 10 podcasts across the country.
- As co-host of the popular Out of the Ordinary Podcast, a nationally sought after speaker, and having served as the editor-in-chief and community manager for (in)courage for seven years, listening well and translating into compelling story has become my work as well as my passion.
And I take on a limited number of collaborative/ghostwriting projects each year.
You tell me your story. I help you put it into words.
If you’re interested in collaborating — go ahead, fill out the form below and I’ll be in touch.
See Some of My Books and Collaborative Projects